Here are our five facts on work-related injuries and fatalities for the construction industry in Great Britain
- The cost of injury to the industry was £490 million in 2016/17
- There were 31 fatal injuries, one of the lowest numbers on record during 2017/18
- An estimated 51,000 work-related cases of musculoskeletal disorder in 2017/18
- Falls from height were the greatest cause of fatal injuries to workers in 2017/18
- Occupational cancer in Great Britain accounts for a huge number of deaths. From the 8,000 occupational cancer deaths, 3,500 were from workers in the construction industry in 2017/18.
The full reports that these figures were taken from can be found on HSE's website. Please follow these links